What are the tasks of the party in this direction?
The Decree of the President “On measures for further improving the anti-corruption system in the Republic of Uzbekistan” serves to ensure the effectiveness of the country's socio-political and socio-economic reforms.
In October 2016, the Head of the state as a candidate for the post of President of the Republic of Uzbekistan in his pre-election report at the VIII Congress of the Movement of Entrepreneurs and Businesspeople – the Liberal Democratic Party of Uzbekistan among the threats to the stable development of Uzbekistan, noted corruption – a serious obstacle to economic growth and business development. Since that period, the country has been working on an uncompromising fight against corruption.
In November 2016, the Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis adopted the law “On countering corruption”. In order to ensure the effectiveness of the document, the resolution of the President “On measures for implementing the rules of the Law “On countering corruption” was announced.
The recently adopted decree became a logical continuation of activities carried out in this direction, the decree outlines tasks for further improving the anti-corruption system, the mechanisms for their implementation. It is noteworthy that the decree was announced within the framework of the State Program “Year of Active Investments and Social Development”. To solve such strategic tasks as achieving economic growth, improving the welfare of people, and improving the investment environment, effective implementation of the state policy in the sphere of combating corruption is required. The fight against corruption is not only the task of the state. Active participation of society is necessary in this process. In this regard, the decree specifically states the strengthening of the role of parties in this direction.
In the pre-election program of the party, the fight against corruption and its various manifestations is noted. If this problem is not eliminated in the country, it is difficult to achieve the development of the economy, formation of a healthy competitive environment, and attraction of foreign investments.
In order to ensure the execution of tasks outlined in the decree and organization of appropriate control in this direction, the party and party faction in the Legislative Chamber consider it expedient to develop a plan of the following activities:
- Participation in preparation of anti-corruption resolutions developed by the state governing bodies, while protecting the interests of the electorate;
- Monitoring the ongoing activity on prevention of corruption while ensuring the implementation of laws “On public procurement” and “On public-private partnership” and, if necessary, studying this issue at the level of parliamentary hearings;
- Within the framework of the law “On Public Control”, assistance in organizing public hearings on anti-corruption work conducted by government agencies with involvement of representatives of non-governmental non-profit organizations engaged in protecting the interests of business entities;
- Introduction into the composition of the Jokargy Kenges of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regional and Tashkent city council of people's deputies, district and city councils of people's deputies of representatives of non-governmental non-profit organizations engaged in protecting the interests of business entities;
- In each quarter of the year, conducting an analysis and taking measures on incoming complaints from business entities related to corruption;
- Conduction of workshops, dialogues and other public events under the motto “I am against corruption” with participation of young entrepreneurs.
We consider effective the implementation of the action plan in cooperation with regional, district, city party organizations, party groups in local kengashes.
member of UzLiDeP faction
Working Group of UzLiDeP has been formed for studying issues related to the inviolability of private property of the population and entrepreneurs