The Signed Documents to Serve for Further Strengthening the Uzbek -Turkmen Multifaceted Cooperation
The ceremony of signing documents following the outcomes of the Uzbek –Turkmen negotiations at the highest level was held at the Kuksaroy Residence.
Shavkat Mirziyoyev and Serdar Berdimuhamedov signed a Joint Statement, which secures the major arrangements and defines the long-term tasks for further building up the multifaceted cooperation and strategic partnership between the two countries.
In the presence of the Presidents, the agreements were also signed by the heads of ministries and agencies of the two countries. A total of 19 documents were signed, including:
- Agreement on the development of transport and transit cooperation;
- Agreement on cooperation in the field of tourism;
- Agreement on the management, protection and rational use of the water resources of the Amudarya River;
- Agreement on holding a joint competition of initiative research projects;
- Program of trade and economic cooperation and development of industrial cooperation for 2022-2025;
- Program on scientific and technical cooperation for 2022-2024;
- Program of cooperation between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs for 2023-2024;
- Action plan for the practical implementation of the provisions of the intergovernmental Agreement on the establishment and regulation of the Uzbek -Turkmen border trade zone - Trade Center.
A number of documents were also signed on the cooperation in the chemical industry, customs issues, railway communication, forestry, museum business, justice, youth policy, television and radio broadcasting, and others.
To the Participants of the International Conference «Afghanistan: Security and Economic Development»