Advisory Council for development of civil society starts operation under President
Advisory Council for the development of civil society has been established under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan. This was approved by the presidential decree "On measures to radically improve the role of civil society institutions in the process of democratic renewal of the country" dated May 4, 2018.
The main objectives of the Advisory Council are:
- establishment of a systematic and effective dialogue between the state and civil society institutions at the highest level;
- development of proposals for the definition of strategic directions and the formation of a national model for the development of civil society in the medium and long term;
- preparation of proposals for the introduction of modern mechanisms for effective interaction between public authorities and civil society institutions, measures to support and encourage their activities;
- making proposals to the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on improving the organizational, legal and economic basis of the activities of civil society institutions, the implementation of social partnership and social control, creating favorable conditions for expanding their participation in public administration;
- development of indicators for assessing the development of civil society, the level of interaction between its institutions and public authorities, as well as their contribution to the socio-economic development of the country.